Way to go, Dr. Costa of Little Smiles and Costa Family & Cosmetic Dentistry – Brambleton and Natalie Perkins of Bella Ballerina! They were honored at Leesburg Today’s 40 Under 40 banquet last night. Brambleton is so proud of both of you and your successes!
Forty up-and-coming Loudoun County business and community leaders were honored Thursday night during an awards dinner at the Stone Tower Winery near Leesburg.
The 2015 class of Leesburg Today’s “40 Under 40” were selected from among more than 100 nominations. All under age 40, the winners, whom either work or live in Loudoun County, were recognized for their professional accomplishments and community involvement.
The selection committee consisted of representatives from Leesburg Today, members of the Loudoun Chamber of Commerce’s Young Professionals group, and prior honorees.
Stephen Mackey, co-founder and creative director of Mesh Omnimedia and CEO of Notaviva Vineyards, was the keynote speaker for the event. He said the award recognizes those who already have become an inspiration to others and urged the winners to lead by example and to lend a helping hand where possible. “Think of tonight as a new chapter in your life,” he said.
Mackey reflected on awards he and his companies have won in recent years and said he sometimes wondered what was the point. “Be an inspiration. That is the point,” he said.
This year’s honorees are:
• Nicole Acosta, Executive Director, Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter
• Katie Barchas Wilson, Director of Business Development, Mesh Omnimedia, and founder of High-Heeled Happy Hour
• Jenny Cherry, Director of Synchronized Skating, Team Ashburn Synchronized Figure Skating Team
• Abel Christopher, Senior Business Development Manager, Modern Mechanical
• Dr. Bradley C. Clegg, Clegg Chiropractic
• Dr. Shane Costa, Owner/Dentist, Costa Family Dentistry and Little Smiles Pediatric Dentistry
• Joseph Davis, Associate, DLA Piper LLP
• Elaine Espinola Keltz, Mrs. DC America 2015 and Executive Presenter with Younique Products
• Will Estrada, Director of Federal Relations, Home School Legal Defense Association
• Blake Fellows, President, Fellows Financial Group LLC
• Sean Gallahan, Vice President, Cassaday & Co. Inc.
• Sarah Gerstein, General Manager, Broadlands Association Inc.
• LeAnne Grammo, Director of Operations/Human Resources Manager, Select Construction Company Inc.
• Julie Gross, Principal, Little River Elementary School
• Browning Herbert, Senior Vice President and Commercial Relationship Manager, Middleburg Bank
• Chris Hunter, Business Retention Manager, Loudoun County Department of Economic Development
• Dr. Rishita Jaju, Pediatric Laser Dentist, Smile Wonders Pediatric Dentistry
• Alicia Keen, Owner, Glowing Oasis Pilates LLC, and Business Development Manager, Rock Water Farm
• Gwen Kennedy, Project Manager, Loudoun County Office of the County Administrator
• Michael Kozich, Executive Chef/Owner, Bluewater Kitchen
• Brandon Labman, CEO/Co-Founder, ROCS Staffing
• David Nichols, COO, LawnBoy Lawn Services
• Heather Norman, Chief Clinical Officer, Nova Medical Group and Urgent Care Inc.
• David Ocasio, Senior Wholesaler, Kestler Financial Group Inc.
• Shauna Olevson, Music Teacher, Loudoun County Public Schools
• Paul Pack, Principal, Liberty Elementary School
• Kristin Pangle Regan, Realtor, Pangle & Associates
• Amy Passos, Co-Founder and Director of Operations, Team Passos Martial Arts & Fitness
• Eric Pearson, President, Pearson Smith Realty
• Todd Pearson, Vice President, Acquisitions and Development, B.F. Saul Company
• Shannon Pecora, Media Director, Stream Valley Veterinary Hospital
• Natalie Perkins, Owner, Bella Ballerina
• Damien Sanchez, CEO, Mosquito Management LLC, DC Mosquito Squad
• Jason P. Sengpiehl, Agency Owner, Sengpiehl Insurance Group LLC
• Patrick Simpson, IT Project Portfolio Manager, NJVC
• Katy Tyrrell, Executive Director, Middleburg Community Center
• Elizabeth Venafro, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Konvergent LLC
• Sarah Werner, Certified Nurse Midwife, Loudoun Community Midwives
• Mary Zmuda, Wellness Manager, Nova Medical and Urgent Care Inc.
• Eric Zwilsky, Vice President, Potomac Metals Inc.
A special section with more details about all 40 honorees will be published in Leesburg Today and Ashburn Today on Oct. 1.